Monday, March 10, 2014

Mixing Metals


+Michael Kors watch // +Tiffany & Co. (medium) bead bracelet // +Links of London charm bracelet // +Pandora (oxidized silver) bracelet // vintage gold rings from mom

A fashion "faux pas", says who? I use to think that wearing silver and gold together was tacky.  When wearing jewelry I'm a bit more on the conservative side.  I like wearing all gold or all silver, nothing in between.  With age, I've become more accepting, along with the rest of the society, of mixing these two metals together.  With an everyday look, I think mixing metals is perfect.  It really adds attitude and a flare to your outfit.  However, on the red carpet or at a formal gathering, I would definitely try and minimize the mixing.  My rule of thumb is one accessory on each arm and a choice between statement earrings or necklace.  If you want to achieve a sophisticated, classy look and then this is probably the best time to showcase your fine jewelry filled with rocks and blings.  Special occasions don't happen as often as you would like them to, so focus on your everyday style and see what works for you.  Due to the limitations of my job, my everyday jewelry consists of this gold +Michael Kors watch, engagement ring and +Pandora charm bracelet.  I can't leave home without them or else I feel naked. I'm a flight attendant and time is of the essence so no watch=no job=not good.  So this Spring challenge yourself and put a little spin on your jewelry dressing.  Mix silver, gold and even rose gold together; perhaps add a little leather to create a juxtaposition.  Apply the same thought in jewelry dressing as you would when putting an outfit together, weather you're dressing yourself according to your mood, trend or attitude.    

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you! Yes of course.
Enjoyed the beauty and fashion section of your blog.
xx,
infashionrationale.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I'm all about mixing metals right now too! I especially love that I can get Pandora charms that are silver with a touch of gold, it really ties my jewellery together.

Unknown said...

That's awesome loveletty! I caved in to pandora bracelets last year and I am hooked. I love mixing and matching. So fun!