Thursday, March 6, 2014

Vintage Fur


One day while shopping for cheese and spices at Kensington market; I stumbled upon a quaint vintage shop that had this fur coat on window display.  I had had my fair share of looking and finding the perfect coat, but that day I found it.  It only took one glance at the window, and the next thing I knew I was introducing myself to the store owner Walter.  He broke the news to me how it was already sold to a friend of his and it's just waiting to be picked up.  I have to say that when I see something I want, I'm determined to get. The coat was one of them.  I told Walter that if his friend happened to change her mind, call me, and of course I left all possible ways to get a hold of me.  The following day, I called, Walter replied with unsure-ness.  This was the longest part of my day, waiting and hoping that the coat landed in my possession.  Finally, my phone rang, and Walter's voice came through my cell phone in full excitement saying "come on down Hannah, the coat is yours!".  I was relieved and happy to gain two things from this experience - a fur coat and a friend Walter.  

Walter's store is called 'One Heart' and is located on 77 Kensington Avenue in Toronto.  Not only he's a vintage collector, but also a talented artist who makes amazing leather bracelets and statement necklaces with his own artistic flare.  Check Walter out, he would love to meet you! 


Outfit Details:

Vintage Fur Coat
+Louis Vuitton speedy 35
+Free People blouse

No comments: