Friday, October 18, 2013

Big Dreams / Big Flares


A girl can dream, can't she? Stopped by an open house near a friend's place and found this dream home of mine.  It was perfect, but the price wasn't.  It was a fully restored, beautiful, historic home of David and Mary Thompson who resided in the east-end of Toronto.  I played house and pretended for a minute and graced the original wooden floor with my extra-flared denim pants from Free People.  I kept my outfit simple with a white tee and navy blazer.  Similar to my wardrobe is probably the way I would decorate this gorgeous home, except with a lighter tone of neutrals to contrast the dark wooden floor and a pop of colour as accents.  I love the old rustic interior in the same way I'll always love the older era's in fashion as you can see with my 70's inspired flares paired with my platform sandals.  Even at a younger age, I've always embraced the "mod" / "hippie" trend.  Enjoying all these fashion retro comebacks.  So inspirational in a modern kind of way.   


Outfit Details:

+Free People Flares
Cheap Monday Tee
+Wallis Blazer
+Juicy Couture Platform Sandals
Goyard Tote

No comments: