Monday, September 30, 2013

Love in Paris: Day II


It was a chilly Monday in Paris, but that didn't stop me from painting the town red.  The day began with a visit to the Isabel Marant store.  It was amazing seeing the fashion line of a favourite French designer of mine in her actual store, in France!  Window shopping had been a big part of my trip, but it was the experience that I was really after.  A-mazing! That's all.   


Next stop was the Eiffel tower, how beautiful it was.  Even though you see it pretty much every where you go in Paris, it really doesn't get old.  The tower, that's over 300m high, lights up the city at night and it's even brighter and more enchanting in real life.  Up on the Eiffel tower, you will see a breathtaking view of the city.  You can spot major Parisian landmarks such as the pyramid at the Louvre, Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame, la Seine etc..  You can't leave Paris without taking a view out of the Eiffel, it's a must!  


On the same day, I also visited Notre Dame and can I tell you how amazed I was that man had created that massive cathedral.  Every piece of that building is sculpted using the most intricate architecture and there is so much history built into it.  Of course this is not rare in Paris.  Every "Rue" has a story to tell, just look down on those ancient cobblestone streets next time you're in Paris.  


My Parisian wardrobe consist of my +Banana Republic 
trench coat, +H&M  silk scarf and black Coach booties.  These items kept me warm and dry throughout seven days, you'll probably be seeing them a lot in my next several posts of Paris.  Stay tuned for Day three...

No comments: