Monday, August 19, 2013

A Day In...









+Dorothy Perkins striped blazer | Zara overalls | Wilfred tank | Keds shoes | +Rebecca Minkoff bag


Are you looking for a transitional piece to wear from Summer to Fall? I'm always in search for all things versatile.  I like to know that I'm not buying something that I'm only going to wear once.  So I opt to employ classic layering of pieces.  Much like this striped blazer I'm wearing from Dorothy Perkins.  The last days of Summer are upon us.  We feel it in the air, the cool breeze is starting to really takeover as the sun slowly disappears.  I hate to see Summer leave especially as Fall seems to be approaching sooner than expected.  I have to admit I'm a sucker for the ironic beauty of fall's solemness.  I love taking photos at this time of the year.  The drastic change in nature provides perfect scenes for photo sessions.  The reason why layering pieces are so necessary is because our activities change throughout the day and before you know you're either too hot or too cold.  I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's easier to dress for the weather when you have layers to put on or take off.  The classic navy stripe and gold detail hardware makes this blazer so versatile.  It can be worn casually on the weekend, just like I did - paired with overalls and Keds.  However it could also be worn in the office paired with your favourite trouser and oxford shirt.  

What's your favourite transitional piece?

No comments: