Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Soft Side of Summer














+Aritzia (Wilfred) dress | +H&M chambray blazer | Coach sandals | Pour La Victoire shoulder bag | +Rayban Sunglasses (cat-eye)

I admit, I have a dress obsession, but really just in the Summer time when they are weather appropriate.  So, I'm taking every opportunity Summer gives me to be in a dress, as I know Canadian summers have a swift timeline.  In my recent posts, I've really emphasized the boldness of colour - "the bolder the better".  However, there's also a side of me that is most comfortable in a nude/neutral palette.  Ask me how many tan/nude dresses I have?... or not, because I have way too many to mention.  The soft look of a neutral palette is versatile and so chic.  I don't think I'll ever grow out of it.  It seems the older I get, the more I am drawn to it.  In these pictures, I've created a soft look for Summer with my chambray blazer from +H&M and this nude silk Wilfred dress.  My favourite combination thus far.  It's also a no brainer that chambray (being a 100% cotton) and the 100% silk dress will keep you nothing but cool, because the natural fibres are breathable materials that you will benefit from on hot days.  Hurry up and wear all those lightweight pieces for the Summer, because before you know you'll be drooling over Fall pieces for some knits and overcoats.  Yay for Fall Fashion and nay for Fall weather.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, Love, love it!! You gave me a great idea, i have a dress like it, but i am shy showing my chubby arms lol, a nice blazer would compliment it.Love reading your blog, you always have great looks, and ideas.

Unknown said...

Thank you for reading my blog and for your kind words!