Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Layering 101


I'm one of those girls who love to wear dresses regardless of the time of the year.  Negative temperatures, not a problem because I've got layers.  A few key things for layering that I've learned from the past are: i) own the basic fashion staples, ie: black Turtlenecks; you can never have enough, and ii) adding coloured ones to the mix won't hurt you either.  In these photos, I've actually used the dress as a layering piece over my turtleneck.  I love wearing it this way, because it gives me the opportunity to add more layers without feeling restricted thereby increasing comfort.  I keep my legs warm with black, opaque tights.  Try the "Hue" brand, most of the tights I own are Hues and I guarantee that they will last you more than a season.  You can get them at +Marshalls or Winners at a fraction of the cost in comparison to other retail stores.  Tis' the season of bundling! Stay warm and keep layering.                    


Outfit Details:

+H&M Turtleneck
J.Crew Dress
+Forever 21  Necklace
HUE Tights


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous outfit as always dear! I absolutely love how you layered the dress over the top, it adds such a chic and elegant touch to the outfit.x Gorgeous statement necklace and I think it makes everything well put together.x Pretty as always!
xxxx
Stephanie
vidathings.blogspot.co.uk