Wednesday, May 7, 2014

D.I.Y.


It's been my daily routine to go through my jewellery box before I leave home, but there are days when I forget simply because it can become time consuming.  My jewelery box opens and closes countless times while I try to decide which set of jewellery to wear.  Lately I've only been drawn to my ring, my watch and my name necklace, so I've been leaving it out in a place where they're easy to find and reach for.  One day, I was overwhelmed with the amount of S-hooks I found while cleaning out one of my drawers, so I decided to put one of them to use.  I already had the wine bottle with the rose displayed somewhere in my living room.  I quickly put the two together and they turned out to be the perfect match for quick access to my everyday jewellery.  It's visible and accessible.  It's also a great addition to use as a display on top of dark wooden furniture.  So here's the simplest DIY project you'll ever complete in your lifetime.  


What you need: wine bottle, S-hook(s), a rose stem (flower of your choice), a book to add height/colour.


You marry all of these items together and voila! This is what the finished product should look like.  Display it anywhere you like around your house.  Personally I have mine beside my jewellery box facing the mirror.  I just love how the flower and the book's colours blend in with the dark wooden furniture surrounding it.  

No comments: