Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Pop of Orange


I admit I am a former retail-junkie-shop-girl, who frequently made use of her thorough understanding of the retail sale cycle.  I visited stores like no other, shopping had become more of a ritual than a hobby.  Of course I only took home quality pieces that had that perfect balance of style and convenience.  What I was, definitely reflected my plus 4 year tenure in the corporate and operational sides of the retail industry.  What I enjoyed  most about being part of a marketing department was generating creative ideas on how to get shoppers to spend more.  Well the irony of this story is that I bought into what I stood behind.  I've become one of those shoppers within the retail target market.  I didn't come into to realize this until I left the industry and was deprived of shopping for a few months.  The purpose of this brief background of mine is to let my readers know that you'll be seeing a lot of repeats, but I promise you, it will always be styled a different way.  I'm all about easy, breezy ensembles, like this outfit; the simplicity of white, black, grey together with a touch of orange.  Comfort is important, but don't get me wrong I wouldn't opt out on wearing a pair of high-heel stilettos and a bustier every so often.  

The pictures are wonderfully taken by my fiancĂ©.  The creative direction and editing comes from me.  We make an amazing duo, I think.  Spring has finally arrived! Let's just hope it's here to stay so we can look forward to better photo sessions, and yes newer ensembles.  So happy to be wearing my ankle crop pants and bright coloured accessory like this orange +Rebecca Minkoff bag.  Slowly but surely easing into Spring wardrobe with neutrals and added pop of orange.


Outfit Details:

+Gap sweater + scarf
+H&M x +Isabel Marant moto pants
+Nike wedge sneakers
Chloe sunglasses

No comments: