Monday, April 28, 2014

How To...


I don't know how many of you ladies are into the statement accessory craze.  I certainly fell victim to it just before I moved into my condo two years ago.   Unfortunately, the size of my condo is not very accomodating to the huge statement accessories that I love.  My pieces may not look like much in the photos, but trust me, when they're not neatly organized it feels like a million and one necklaces have been thrown around.  Condo living doesn't leave you with much closet space.  Ahhhh, the terror of small closets! My fiancee and I share a half a walk-in closet, YES, we share the space!  Maximizing space is a definite key to organizing, so I've installed a wooden coat hanger to house my statement necklaces.  Merchandising your belongings in your closet is so important to do.  For one, you're able to see and remember what you have, so impulse shopping doesn't occur.  Second, you can decrease your dressing time from half an hour to 15 minutes if you can see what you're working with for your"OOTD" (Outfit of the day). 

So I'm encouraging everyone to make use of your wall space, not just for decor.  It's a great way to use space for organizing without anything being in your way.  

No comments: